This is a variation of a cuban dish. The balsamic vinegar gives it an exceptional flavor!
Make and share this Chicken with Black Beans and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons oregano, separated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, separated
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) jarsliced pimientos
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and add red pepper flakes.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender.
- Increase heat, add chicken, stirring until cooked.
- Lower heat to medium, add 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp cumin, and simmer 1 minute.
- Add black beans, pimentos, remaining spices, and balsamic vinegar.
- Blend and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, reseasoning if needed.
- While beans are simmering, bring broth to boil in a pan, add rice.
- Lower heat to simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes until rice is fluffy.
- Serve bean mixture over rice.