Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Very tropical, but easy to make. Add a little habanero if you like it kicked up.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken pieces in an ungreased baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes; drain off excess fat.
- Mix remaining ingredients and spoon around chicken.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes longer, or until chicken is done.
The chicken in this recipe came out moist and tender, with fabulous flavors, thanks to the combination of ingredients. I loved the lime, mango, and onion trio. The ginger and garlic gave a boost to the black beans. We really enjoyed our meal with this delicious recipe. We will enjoy this recipe again. Thanks, Sue, for sharing.