Top Review by Chef at Heart
This was very good. I had to change the recipe a little since both my husband and I have to keep our sodium limit down to no more than 1500 per day. So I used herb to provence instead. For me it makes no difference in flavour since I use this as a substitue for salt a lot. I would make this again. I was thinking it might make a good fajitta if you sliced the chicken. Leanne I've changed this to a five. My husband has already requested this again. Leanne
- 4 uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Pound chicken breasts to desired thickness.
- Cook chicken until almost cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Mix beans with salsa and season to taste; divide bean salsa among chicken breasts.
- Broil a few minutes more until chicken is done and beans are warm.
- Yields 1 chicken breast and about 2/3 cup of bean salsa per serving.