Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a favorite of mine. Really simple to prepare, but a lot of great flavor. I always serve it with rice, and a fresh salad.
- Rinse the chicken, and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Spread each piece with some of the garlic, and salt and pepper if you choose.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat over med-high heat.
- Arrange the chicken in the skillet, and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is tender and the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced.
- Remove chicken from skillet, keep it warm in separate container.
- Drain any liquid from the skillet, and add black beans and the salsa.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Spoon the bean mixture over the chicken and serve.
- Goes great with rice.
easy and good
To me this seemed like a stovetop equivelant of Southwest Easy Oven Ckn (#95837). I like both recipes. For this I ended up using garlic salt on the breasts before putting in the skillet. I drained my black beans out of habit. My favorite salsa is an extra mild picante so I put 1 c. in and then turned the heat up to do something of a reduction to thicken it up. I can't do rice on the stove to save my life so we went with Minute Rice. Was very tasty and simple.