Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the September 2012 issue of "Guideposts" (the Reba issue!) and I didn't want to lose it. It says the sauce doubles as a side dish, plus you can freeze the leftovers for another meal. :)
- 44.37 ml yellow onions, diced
- 7.39 ml garlic, minced
- 396.89 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 9.85 ml ground dried chipotle powder
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 59.14 ml tomatoes, diced
- 2.46 ml fresh cilantro, minced
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- For the sauce: Spray cooking pan with canola oil spray. Saute onions and garlic over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 10 to 20 minutes or until beans are slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool. Place the bean mixture in a blender and puree until smooth.
- For the chicken: Preheat a grill. Combine olive oil and chili powder in a bowl and mix to form a paste, then rub all over chicken.
- Grill chicken for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until internal temperatures reach 165°F.
- Serve each breast with 4 Tbsp of black bean sauce.