Chef #1352632's Note:
This is from the September 2012 issue of "Guideposts" (the Reba issue!) and I didn't want to lose it. It says the sauce doubles as a side dish, plus you can freeze the leftovers for another meal. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons yellow onions, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ground dried chipotle powder
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1For the sauce: Spray cooking pan with canola oil spray. Saute onions and garlic over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 10 to 20 minutes or until beans are slightly thickened.
- 2Remove from heat and cool. Place the bean mixture in a blender and puree until smooth.
- 3For the chicken: Preheat a grill. Combine olive oil and chili powder in a bowl and mix to form a paste, then rub all over chicken.
- 4Grill chicken for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until internal temperatures reach 165°F.
- 5Serve each breast with 4 Tbsp of black bean sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Black Bean-Chipotle Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.3 mg
- Sodium 888.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 32.9 g