Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is really tasty and quite simple to do.
- 8 chicken drumsticks (1.2kg)
- plain flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 250 ml beer
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 45 g stale breadcrumbs
- 40 g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Push herb seasoning under skin of the drumsticks and toss in flour, shake away any excess flour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chicken in batches and cook until browned.
- Return chicken to pan and add the beer, stock and sauce and simmer covered about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and tender.
- Just before serving add blended cornflour and water and cook stirring until sauce boils and thickens.
- HERB SEASONING: heat pan and add bacon and cook stirring until browned, remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.