Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from "Main Course Classics" which has some fabulous recipes. I changed it only slightly and was very happy with the results. There are alot of Thai style chicken basil recipes on here but I didn't see this particular one when searching, it is extremely simple and very good. It can be presented very nicely with fresh basil leaves and a few fresh diced red peppers but I could just eat it straight out of the wok with a spatula. I hope you enjoy this.
- Heat oil in wok or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, scallions, red pepper and stir fry 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until done.
- Stir in fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar and cook until sauce begins to become thick (about 5-10 minutes).
- Stir in basil leaves and cook 5 minutes or just until leaves are wilted.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired and enjoy.
This was great. Having practically all ingredients handy, it was a breeze... Very healthy and VERY tasty; nice mix of the two. Thank You!
LOVED this! Restaurant quality, and simple to prepare. Used low sodium soy sauce, and only about 2 tablespoons, and one tablespoon of fish sauce to cut back on the sodium. Also, added a small ladle of chicken stock when reducing the sauce, as it was starting to burn. Made this with Thai Lemongrass soup, and it was perfect. Definitely a keeper!