Recipe by Kevin Young
This recipe is from "Main Course Classics" which has some fabulous recipes. I changed it only slightly and was very happy with the results. There are alot of Thai style chicken basil recipes on here but I didn't see this particular one when searching, it is extremely simple and very good. It can be presented very nicely with fresh basil leaves and a few fresh diced red peppers but I could just eat it straight out of the wok with a spatula. I hope you enjoy this.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves (cut into thin slices)
- 4 chopped scallions
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 lb chicken breast (diced)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 24 Thai basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, scallions, red pepper and stir fry 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until done.
- Stir in fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar and cook until sauce begins to become thick (about 5-10 minutes).
- Stir in basil leaves and cook 5 minutes or just until leaves are wilted.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired and enjoy.