From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 2 tablespoons sauce. Per serving: 294 calories, 8.4 g fat, 40.3 g protein, 2.9 g carb, 0.2 g fiber, 106 mg cholesterol.
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of saran wrap/plastic wrap; pound each breast half to 1/2-inch thickness using a mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add shallots to skillet; stir/saute 1 minute.
- Add in bourbon; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Cook until bourbon mixture is reduced to 2 tablespoons (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add broth and barbecue sauce; cook until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup (approximately 3 minutes).
- Serve sauce over chicken.
Outstanding chicken. I used Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce in this. Followed recipe exactly and we adored it. The shallots become sweet and irresistible (don't rush the cooking time). Served with a big salad and fresh broccoli. Winner all the way.