Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Barnes and Noble Pasta and Italian cookbook. Prep time does not include time to marinate, which should be as long as possible, preferably overnight.
- Make a few slashed on the skin of the chicken using a sharp knife. Brush the chicken with the crushed garlic and place in a non-metallic dish.
- Pour the wine and white wine vinegar over the chicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and marinate as long as possible, preferably overnight.
- Remove chicken pieces with a slotted spoon, draining well. Reserve the marinade.
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet. Add the shallots (whole) and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning, until browned all over.
- Reduce the heat and add 1/2 of the reserved marinade. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, add more marinade when necessary.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and thyme and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Serve with polenta or rice (optional).