The Wallaces's Note:
Adapted from Barnes and Noble Pasta and Italian cookbook. Prep time does not include time to marinate, which should be as long as possible, preferably overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a few slashed on the skin of the chicken using a sharp knife. Brush the chicken with the crushed garlic and place in a non-metallic dish.
- 2Pour the wine and white wine vinegar over the chicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and marinate as long as possible, preferably overnight.
- 3Remove chicken pieces with a slotted spoon, draining well. Reserve the marinade.
- 4Heat the oil and butter in a skillet. Add the shallots (whole) and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- 5Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning, until browned all over.
- 6Reduce the heat and add 1/2 of the reserved marinade. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, add more marinade when necessary.
- 7Add the balsamic vinegar and thyme and cook for another 4 minutes.
- 8Serve with polenta or rice (optional).
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Balsamic Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.9
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 96.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar