Recipe by Dwynnie
The title isn't inspired, but I swear the dish is!
Top Review by dmskyba_9610062
I cook a lot and try a new recipe 2 times a week. I always follow the recipe the first time before I make changes. We eat a variety of things and everything listed in the dish we love. However, the overall flavor of the sauce was all balsamic. My daughters would not eat it and they are good eaters and always try everything. My husband said it was OK- in the end we tossed out the rest and agreed not to make again. Sorry but just not for us. .
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the bacon until some of the fat is rendered and add the onions. Cook until the bacon is crispy and the onions are just caramelized. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the burner. Add the cans of tomatoes, the oregano, basil, parsley, balsamic vinegar, and sugar to the bacon, onions, and garlic. Mix to blend well. (Sauce can be prepared ahead of time and saved in the refrigerator).
- Put the chicken in a glass baking dish. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese over the chicken and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Serve over pasta with the sauce.