Recipe by karen
This is a Cooking Light recipe with slight changes. I love figs for a snack, and was thrilled to find this fabulous chicken recipe using figs. It is also quick compared to cooking chicken in the oven. I'll definitely make this one again. Fancy enough for a dinner party, easy enough for everyday.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dried fig, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with 1 1/2 tsps thyme, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan and keep warm by covering plate with towel or placing in warm oven.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter to skillet.
- Add onions and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add broth, vinegar, soy sauce and figs.
- Simmer until sauce is reduced to 1 cup (about 3 minutes).
- Add 1 tablespoon thyme and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Cut chicken breasts on the diagonal into slices. Serve sauce over chicken.