Recipe by MsKittyKat
I like this served with mashed potatoes, but you could serve it with noodles or rice as well. A green salad makes a great side dish.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 chicken, 4 to 6 pounds,cut up
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (or 1/4 cup dry vermouth plus 1/4 cup water)
- 1⁄2 lb small white mushroom
- 1 cup frozen small whole onions, thawed
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat until crisp.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer it to a 4 to 6 quart Crockpot Pour off all but two teaspoons of fat from the pan.
- Add the chicken and brown over medium-high heat; transfer to the cooker.
- Pour the wine into the pan and deglaze allowing wine to reduce and thicken slighty.
- Add the reduced wine along with the mushrooms, onions, garlic, rosemary and salt to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, or on high for 3 hours.
- Transfer the chicken, bacon, and vegetables to a platter; keep warm.
- Pour the sauce into a small saucepan.
- Combine the water and cornstarch; stir it into the sauce.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Pour over the chicken.