Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A simple recipe from southerfoods.about.com. My grandkids like this over rice.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*F (180*C).
- Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Wrap each chicken breast in 1 strip of bacon and place in a 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and soup. Spoon mixture over the chicken and bake uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
- Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired.
I subbed cream of mushroom garlic soup, and served over egg noodles. This was successful in the crockpot, on low for 6-8 hours!
I cut down on the sour cream also. I really liked it but my husband said it wasn't anything special and said he didn't care if I made it again.
I thought this was very good! The bacon flavor was very powerful which is great!! I did cut down on the sour cream as others have!! Great taste