Recipe by KateL
Entered for ZWT, from Olivado website. Avocado oil is from NZ. Serve with green vegetables and potatoes.
Top Review by Debbie R.
Ten stars. This is so good, it hurts. Yes, I know that's nonsense, so here it is: it's so good, you scrape the skillet clean with a spoon or spatula like kids do with a frosting bowl. Just outstanding. This recipe can be simplified in a couple ways, tho. (1) You really don't have to do the whole oven thing. Just put some foil on it. Seal mostly around the rim. Throw a couple hotpads on top of the foil. The rest cooks up quickly enough that the chicken is still hot. (2) No need to pound chicken into schnitzels. I used chicken tenders w/o any pounding and it still cooked up great in the recommended cooking time. Anyway, I'll be making this recipe repeatedly. Love it. ZWT8
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin avocado oil
- 1⁄4 cup avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (or other nuts if preferred)
- 1 medium lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°C/480°F Remove skin from chicken, place breasts in cling wrap and tenderize with a meat mallet. Mix flour, paprika and pepper in a larger plastic bag, then add chicken breasts and shake until well coated.
- Melt butter with avocado oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook chicken breasts through until golden (around 7-8 minutes), then place in an ovenproof dish and cover with foil to keep warm in the oven.
- Soak the diced avocado pieces in lemon juice.
- Cook walnuts in the remaining butter and avocado oil in the pan, stir until crisp and brown.
- Drain pan and pour in chicken stock, bringing to boil over high heat and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in cream, bring to boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Take avocado pieces from the lemon juice and stir in sauce for 1 minute.
- To serve, ladle sauce over chicken breasts, garnish with parsley.