Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Entered for ZWT, from Olivado website. Avocado oil is from NZ. Serve with green vegetables and potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin avocado oil
- 1⁄4 cup avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (or other nuts if preferred)
- 1 medium lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 250°C/480°F Remove skin from chicken, place breasts in cling wrap and tenderize with a meat mallet. Mix flour, paprika and pepper in a larger plastic bag, then add chicken breasts and shake until well coated.
- Melt butter with avocado oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook chicken breasts through until golden (around 7-8 minutes), then place in an ovenproof dish and cover with foil to keep warm in the oven.
- Soak the diced avocado pieces in lemon juice.
- Cook walnuts in the remaining butter and avocado oil in the pan, stir until crisp and brown.
- Drain pan and pour in chicken stock, bringing to boil over high heat and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in cream, bring to boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Take avocado pieces from the lemon juice and stir in sauce for 1 minute.
- To serve, ladle sauce over chicken breasts, garnish with parsley.
Ten stars. This is so good, it hurts. Yes, I know that's nonsense, so here it is: it's so good, you scrape the skillet clean with a spoon or spatula like kids do with a frosting bowl. Just outstanding. This recipe can be simplified in a couple ways, tho. (1) You really don't have to do the whole oven thing. Just put some foil on it. Seal mostly around the rim. Throw a couple hotpads on top of the foil. The rest cooks up quickly enough that the chicken is still hot. (2) No need to pound chicken into schnitzels. I used chicken tenders w/o any pounding and it still cooked up great in the recommended cooking time. Anyway, I'll be making this recipe repeatedly. Love it. ZWT8