Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use a white wine that you enjoy drinking.
Make and share this Chicken With Asparagus in White Wine Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces (small)
- 1⁄4 leek, chopped (or sliced)
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 white wine
- 5 asparagus spears, cut short (about 3 inches)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup dubliner cheese, shredded (or whatever you have and like)
- Salt and pepper chicken. Melt butter in deep skillet and lightly brown chicken. Add wine,asparagus, oregano and sage.
- Simmer chicken and asparagus on high untill done and wine is mostly gone. Add cream and cheese and simmer long enough for it to turn into a sauce of the consistency you desire.
- Serve over pasta or veggies.