Recipe by M&Mers
My husband and I would never think to eat a piece of blue cheese - it's just too strong - but the flavor it gives this dish is incredible! Try it just once and you'll be adding it to your list of favorites!
- 4 whole chicken legs, backs removed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs asparagus
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut chicken legs in half at joint.
- Dredge with flour and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Brown chicken pieces on all 4 sides.
- In a medium bowl, combine wine, blue cheese, soup, salt and pepper.
- Pour half this mixture into a 12" x 10" glass casserole dish.
- Place browned chicken on top.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over chicken.
- Bake in oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare asparagus.
- Gently bend stalk near end of spear.
- Stalk will break at point where it becomes too tough to eat.
- Discard end.
- Rinse spears under cold, running water.
- Cut each spear into 1 1/2" pieces.
- At end of 30 minutes, remove casserole dish from oven.
- Scatter asparagus between chicken pieces.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve over cooked white rice.