1 hr 25 mins
My husband and I would never think to eat a piece of blue cheese - it's just too strong - but the flavor it gives this dish is incredible! Try it just once and you'll be adding it to your list of favorites!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cut chicken legs in half at joint.
- 3Dredge with flour and set aside.
- 4Heat oil in frying pan.
- 5Brown chicken pieces on all 4 sides.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine wine, blue cheese, soup, salt and pepper.
- 7Pour half this mixture into a 12" x 10" glass casserole dish.
- 8Place browned chicken on top.
- 9Pour remaining soup mixture over chicken.
- 10Bake in oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile, prepare asparagus.
- 12Gently bend stalk near end of spear.
- 13Stalk will break at point where it becomes too tough to eat.
- 14Discard end.
- 15Rinse spears under cold, running water.
- 17Cut each spear into 1 1/2" pieces.
- 18At end of 30 minutes, remove casserole dish from oven.
- 19Scatter asparagus between chicken pieces.
- 20Cover tightly with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked.
- 21Serve over cooked white rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with Asparagus & Blue Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.4
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 163.4 mg
- Sodium 1544.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 43.6 g