Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband and I would never think to eat a piece of blue cheese - it's just too strong - but the flavor it gives this dish is incredible! Try it just once and you'll be adding it to your list of favorites!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut chicken legs in half at joint.
- Dredge with flour and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Brown chicken pieces on all 4 sides.
- In a medium bowl, combine wine, blue cheese, soup, salt and pepper.
- Pour half this mixture into a 12" x 10" glass casserole dish.
- Place browned chicken on top.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over chicken.
- Bake in oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare asparagus.
- Gently bend stalk near end of spear.
- Stalk will break at point where it becomes too tough to eat.
- Discard end.
- Rinse spears under cold, running water.
- Cut each spear into 1 1/2" pieces.
- At end of 30 minutes, remove casserole dish from oven.
- Scatter asparagus between chicken pieces.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
used cream of mushroom soup and added crumbled bacon to the sauce
This was great! We are very lazy regarding the steps, however, so we made a short cut. We used boneless skinless chicken thighs and cut them in, uhhh, maybe thirds? Not too small. Then we mixed all of the ingredients into the baking dish and baked it all for 40 minutes. It was wonderful (we served it over rice). We omitted the flour and oil for frying, and added 1/2 a soup can of water. After we tasted, we added an additional 1/4 c. of bleu cheese and stirred it in to melt for a stronger flavor. Thanks for such a simple yummy dinner! I look forward to the leftovers!
This was outstanding. I made it as directed but used 2 chicken legs and 2 boneless breasts. I used vermouth for the white wine. It smelled great cooking and tasted even better. I used asparagus, but I bet it's good with broccoli too. Served it over penne pasta which went well with the cut asparagus spears. My husband asked if I could make it again tonight! Not tonight, but I will definitely make this again and often.