Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another from Bon Appetit. This is fast becoming an often-requested dish here at home.
Make and share this Chicken With Asiago, Prosciutto, and Sage recipe from Food.com.
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, finely grated
- 8 slices prosciutto, folded crosswise
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced
- 4 whole sage leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Coat both sides with flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breast and saute until brown, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to rimmed baking sheet, reserve skillet.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each breast.
- Top each with 2 prosciutto slices.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add wine, minced sage, and 2 tablespoons butter to skillet.
- Boil until sauce is reduced to 1/3 cup, scraping up browned bits, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer chicken breasts to platter.
- Top each with sage leaf, drizzle pan sauce over, and serve.
I've made this numerous times and it's always a hit. It's great for a crowd because you do most of the prep ahead and simply bake in the oven. I serve it over a bed of sauteed spinach with garlic.
Easy and delicious. I've made it many times and it never disappoints! Thanks for posting this-- I lost my copy from Bon Appetit, too, and I was so happy to find it again here!
This dish is so flavorful. I made it exactly as written and the instructions are right-on! Sandrasothere this is a winner. I would give it more stars if I could. Thanks for a great dish.