Prep 12 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple delicious dish that can be made in a very short period of time. Just be sure you have artichoke hearts in your cupboard!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup brandy (you can use white wine)
- 9 artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups black olives
- 8 ounces vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Boil pasta al dente and drain; set aside.
- Combine chicken strips & flour in plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in lg. skillet over med-high heat.
- Add chicken in single layer and cook 5-6 min or till golden brown.
- Turn over w. tongs and cook 2 minute longer or till juices run clear.
- Transfer to plate and cover w. foil.
- Add remaining coating flour in bag to skillet, toast for 1 min, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in broth & brandy or wine.
- Bring back to boil.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, mustard, pasta & olives (include juice from plate.
- Cook for 3 min or till heated through.
Thank you for posting! I make this, but without the artichoke hearts -and I couldn't find my recipe. Yours helped me and gave me a new way to make it, always a bonus. So, thanks again!!