Prep 12 mins
Cook 50 mins
Special chicken! Wonderful flavor.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichokes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar whole mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Brown chicken in butter.
- Place in 13x9 in.
- baking pan.
- Cut artichokes in quarters.
- Arrange artichokes and mushrooms on chicken.
- Saute onion in pan juices.
- Blend in flour, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add broth.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 50 minutes.
This was very very good. I only used 3 chicken breast so sort of cut the recipe in half. Sort of, because I used the recipe amounts called for for the sauce. I may bake it a little longer next time, and there will be a next time because this was an excellent recipe! Inez, you've never steered me wrong. Thanks again!
YUM! I wanted to use a can of artichokes in the pantry and this was perfect. I used 4 chicken breasts pounded thin, 1 14 oz. can artichokes, 8 oz. cremini mushrooms sauteed and used 1 1/2 cup broth with 1/2 cup white wine. I also added some lemon juice to the sauce and some capers for a little zing. It was inccredibly tender, juicy and flavorful. Served over rice, with roasted beet and goat cheese salad. This will be a 'company dinner' as well as family. Thank you so much, MizzNezz!!!
Just like Candy C, I adjusted with some white wine, lemon, and capers. One of my all-time favorite dinners!