Recipe by Rose J
This is a nice dish, flavorful and low fat.
Top Review by L.A. Stewart
Oh boy, what a HIT this was! I just made two pans of this for a summer party of over a hundred people and everyone RAVED about this! The chicken was SO tender and lemony, but not overpowering so. I think next time I'll deglaze with some white wine or sherry, then the lemon juice and so on, just to give it a little "kick". It was amazing! A "keeper" for sure! Thank you for sharing such a delicious recipe! xo LA :-)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, with juice
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts, without oil, drained
- 1 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breast
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat, swirl to cover pan.
- Add chicken breasts and sear until brown on both sides. Remove chicken, turn heat to high.
- Deglade the pan with lemon juice, scraping up brown bits into sauce. Add stock, bring to a simmer. Add lemon slices, reduce heat to medium and place chicken on top of lemon slices.
- Add capers, cover, rduce heat to medium, cook covered for 10 minutes. Remove lid, add artichoke hearts. Cover and continue cooking 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to plate. Increase the temperature and reduce the sauce to a glaze.Taste sauce and add salt/pepper as needed.
- Serve the chicken with the artichoke hearts, capers and melted lemon drizzled with the glaze.