1/2 Photos of Chicken With Artichokes
I found this recipe in the November issue of 'Everyday Food'. My DH gave it 2-thumbs-up after the first bite. I chose not to make the coucous so I added the scallion greens to the recipe (see 'optional' note). This is the original recipe which serves one but I doubled the ingredients (and used 3 chicken breasts) and it was delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, separated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 scallions, sliced thin, separated (see note)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup artichoke heart, packed in water
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained, and slivered
- 1Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- 2With the flat side of a meat mallet or a small skillet, pound to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- 3In a medium skillet, heat 3 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 4Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 5Coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- 6Saute' until golden brown and cooked through, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side.
- 7Remove from pan.
- 8To pan, add garlic, white part of the scallions and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits.
- 9Add artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and remaining teaspoon of oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 10Cook until artichokes are heated through, about 1 minute.
- 11Spoon over chicken.
- 13You can serve this along-side coucous.
- 14Bring a small pot of salted water to boil; add coucous.
- 15Boil until coucous is tender but still pleasantly chewy, about 10 minutes.
- 16Drain, toss with scallion greens, and serve along side chicken, if desired.
- 17NOTE: If you chose not to make the coucous add the scallion green at the same time you add the whites.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 531.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 33.0 g