Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Chicken With Apricots and Prunes recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1587.57 g kosher roasting chickens, cut in 8 pieces (31/2 lbs.)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 14.79 ml grated gingerroot
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml kosher chicken broth or 236.59 ml water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10-12 dried apricots
- 6-8 pitted prunes
- 29.58-44.37 ml pine nuts
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning, until golden-brown on all sides.
- Add the onion, ginger root, cinnamon, chicken broth or water, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Baste often.
- If needed, add a little more broth or water. Add the apricots and prunes. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer, or until cooked.
- Adjust seasoning. Serve garnished with pine nuts.