1 hr 5 mins
This is a delicious meal! In my recipe book, I've put 10/10! Hope you enjoy it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 3 carrots, halved crossways, then each half into halves
- 1 fennel bulb, halved lengthways, then sliced
- 300 g apricots, stoned and quartered
- salt and pepper
- chopped fennel leaves, from the bulb to garnish or herb fennel, to garnish
- 1Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole and fry the chicken thighs for 5 – 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over. Remove from the pan.
- 2Add the onion and garlic to the casserole and fry for 5 minutes or until soft and golden.
- 3Stir in all the spices and fry for 1 minute, then add the stock.
- 4Return the chicken to the casserole together with the carrots and fennel.
- 5Bring to the boil.
- 6Stir well, then cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Remove the lid. If there is too much liquid, boil to reduce it slightly.
- 7Add the apricots to the casserole and stir gently to mix. Simmer over a low heat for a further 5 minutes.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the fennel leaves and serve with rice or potatoes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Apricots and Cumin
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.4
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 160.2 mg
- Sodium 317.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 37.2 g