- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil (I use sesame oil and it's delicious)
- 1⁄4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add white parts of scallions and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir fry 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, vinegar, ketchup, and sugar, stirring well to blend.
- Add sauce to chicken, along with dried apricots.
- Cover and simmer another 3 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove cover, stir in dissolved cornstarch, and cook until thickened.