Recipe by TasteTester
I love dried apricots, so when I saw this recipe from my local supermarket I had to save it. It has the classic blend of "sweet, sour, salty, tangy" flavors that I love.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green olives
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Chop apricots and olives coarsely.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken and cook 2-3 minutes (do not turn). After 2-3 minutes, turn chicken; add garlic, apricots, and olives. Cook 2-3 minutes more, stirring occasionally, or until garlic begins to soften.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes, turning chicken once, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from pan; increase heat to medium. Cook sauce 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove and discard bay leaf. Slice chicken and serve with sauce.