Recipe by Manami
Deceptively easy - great for a weeknight meal. All you need to add is a green vegetable or salad. BH&G Magazine, June 2008 edition.
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried orzo pasta (8 oz.)
- low sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounces can unpeeled apricot halves in light syrup
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo according to package; drain. (Instead of using water use chicken broth)
- Drain apricot halves, reserving 1/2 cup syrup.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon curry powder.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat with crushed red pepper flakes
- Add chicken; cook for 8 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.
- Add apricots the last 2 minutes.
- Transfer to plates.
- Cut green tops of 2 onions into diagonal slices; set aside; chop remaining onions.
- Add chopped onion and remaining curry powder to skillet; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in reserved syrup and orzo.
- Add to plates.
- Sprinkle onion tops.