Deceptively easy - great for a weeknight meal. All you need to add is a green vegetable or salad. BH&G Magazine, June 2008 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook orzo according to package; drain. (Instead of using water use chicken broth)
- 2Drain apricot halves, reserving 1/2 cup syrup.
- 3Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon curry powder.
- 4Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat with crushed red pepper flakes
- 5Add chicken; cook for 8 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.
- 6Add apricots the last 2 minutes.
- 7Transfer to plates.
- 8Cut green tops of 2 onions into diagonal slices; set aside; chop remaining onions.
- 9Add chopped onion and remaining curry powder to skillet; cook 1 minute.
- 10Stir in reserved syrup and orzo.
- 11Add to plates.
- 12Sprinkle onion tops.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 87.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 35.1 g