Pulled this recipe from a cookbook about 15 years ago, but unfortunately don't recall the title of the book.
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 6 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon cilantro leaf, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 cups cooked brown rice, hot
- In hot oil, over medium heat, saute onion 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, apricots, apricot preserves, cinnamon, cilantro, ginger, salt & pepper.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat & simmer 20-30 minutes until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Keep salsa warm, & when ready to serve, discard cinnamon stick.
- Meantime, broil chicken 4"-6" from heat for 18-23 minutes, or until meat is fork tender & juices run clear, turning once, halfway through broiling.
- Meantime, also prepare rice.
- To serve, top rice with chicken breasts, then spoon salsa over chicken.