Recipe by teresas
The sauce can be made a day ahead. The chicken is best cooked just before serving to prevent drying out.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
I accidentally defrosted chops and chicken instead of just poultry and decided to make both with this sauce. Surprisingly, it was even better with the pork then the chicken. I loved how the ginger and soy paired with the apricot nectar transforming a simple sauce into layers of flavor. Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
- 4 (2 lb) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 3⁄4 cups apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 green onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil in pan, add chicken, cook about 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown and tender.
- Remove from pan, place on serving dish, top with sauce.
- Apricot-Ginger Sauce:.
- Make sauce while chicken is cooking.
- Cut ginger into wafer-thin slices, then into shreds.
- Combine apricot nectar, ginger and soy sauce in pan, bring to a boil, stir in blended cornstarch and water, stir until sauce boils and thickens, add green onion.