The sauce can be made a day ahead. The chicken is best cooked just before serving to prevent drying out.
- Heat butter and oil in pan, add chicken, cook about 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown and tender.
- Remove from pan, place on serving dish, top with sauce.
- Apricot-Ginger Sauce:.
- Make sauce while chicken is cooking.
- Cut ginger into wafer-thin slices, then into shreds.
- Combine apricot nectar, ginger and soy sauce in pan, bring to a boil, stir in blended cornstarch and water, stir until sauce boils and thickens, add green onion.