The sauce can be made a day ahead. The chicken is best cooked just before serving to prevent drying out.
- Heat butter and oil in pan, add chicken, cook about 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown and tender.
- Remove from pan, place on serving dish, top with sauce.
- Apricot-Ginger Sauce:.
- Make sauce while chicken is cooking.
- Cut ginger into wafer-thin slices, then into shreds.
- Combine apricot nectar, ginger and soy sauce in pan, bring to a boil, stir in blended cornstarch and water, stir until sauce boils and thickens, add green onion.
I accidentally defrosted chops and chicken instead of just poultry and decided to make both with this sauce. Surprisingly, it was even better with the pork then the chicken. I loved how the ginger and soy paired with the apricot nectar transforming a simple sauce into layers of flavor. Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
We thoroughly enjoyed this for tonights dinner (the DM, DS and myself) and the only thing different I would do is to halve the sauce (and btw 1 3/4 cups of apricot nector = 405 grams can) and I would also have the butter and oil (more so in my case as I only cooked 3 medium skinless breasts) and I think would be more thank adquate to cook the breasts. But oh the flavour of that sauce was sublime and sends it through the stratsophere, thank you TeresaS, made for ZAAR Stars Tag.
Well this was a complete hit with the family tonight for dinner! I butterflied the chicken breasts to make sure they cooked evenly and did not get to dry while pan frying. The sauce is incredible. I did mix up the sauce and when the chicken was done removed that to a plate and then put the sauce in the same pan and boiled it there and then brushed the sauce on the chicken. Served with Hockey Puck Potatoes. My hubby told me this is now in his top 5 of favorite chicken dishes. Tagged during Potluck Tag game.