Recipe by KelBel
I had a version of this at an Italian restaurant and thought, I can make this. Well, here is my version. Serve with pasta or risotto.
- 4 slices pancetta or 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 8 dried apricots
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pancetta in saucepan over medium high heat until fat is rendered and pancetta is done to your liking.
- Pour off all but 1 T grease. Add olive oil into the same pan.
- Cut each breast half in half. You will have 4 pieces of chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in hot pan. Sear 5 minutes on both sides. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add white wine to pan to deglaze. Scrape up bits off the bottom off pan. Stir in chicken broth.
- Add apricot and chicken with any juices. Cover and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, apricots are plump and chicken is done, about 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on plate, top with pancetta and apricots, pour sauce over all.