1/4 Photos of Chicken with Apples and Sage
Barb Gertz's Note:
This recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens diabetic recipes. Recipe is easy to double.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 dash salt
- 1 small sweet red peppers or 1 small green sweet pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup apple juice or 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 medium cooking apple, red or green,cored and thinly sliced
- 1Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- 2Heat over medium-high heat.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- 4Place chicken in skillet.
- 5Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done (170 degrees F), turning once.
- 6Remove from skillet cover and keep warm.
- 7Add sweet pepper, apple juice, onion, dried sage (if using),garlic, and black pepper to skillet.
- 8Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 9Simmer, covered, for 2 minutes.
- 10In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch; stir into apples. Add to the sweet peppers, apple juice,onion, sage and pepper mixture.
- 11Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 12Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 13IF using, Stir in FRESH SAGE.
- 14Return chicken to skillet; heat through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with Apples and Sage
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 214.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 24.9 g