Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy to prepare meal, perfect for dinner on a cold winter evening. The apple flavor of the chicken is superb.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise
- 3 cups apple cider
- 3 (1 7/8 ounce) boxesdry leek soup mix
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 3 green apples, cored and cut into 16 wedges each
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Combine the apple cider, dry soup mix, thyme and nutmeg in the crock pot. Stir to blend.
- Add the potatoes, celery, shallots, apples and cranberries.
- Tuck the chicken pieces into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low setting about 8 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
Warning! You may need to vacate your house while this is cooking in the crock pot. What a wonderful aroma to walk into at the end of the day! My whole family loved this recipe. Thanks. You did a great job.