8 hrs 20 mins
GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
An easy to prepare meal, perfect for dinner on a cold winter evening. The apple flavor of the chicken is superb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise
- 3 cups apple cider
- 3 (1 7/8 ounce) boxes dry leek soup mix
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 3 green apples, cored and cut into 16 wedges each
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1Combine the apple cider, dry soup mix, thyme and nutmeg in the crock pot. Stir to blend.
- 2Add the potatoes, celery, shallots, apples and cranberries.
- 3Tuck the chicken pieces into the mixture.
- 4Cover and cook on low setting about 8 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Apples and Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.7
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 1506.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 41.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
leek soup mix