Recipe by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
An easy to prepare meal, perfect for dinner on a cold winter evening. The apple flavor of the chicken is superb.
Top Review by Connie C.
Warning! You may need to vacate your house while this is cooking in the crock pot. What a wonderful aroma to walk into at the end of the day! My whole family loved this recipe. Thanks. You did a great job.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise
- 3 cups apple cider
- 3 (1 7/8 ounce) boxesdry leek soup mix
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 3 green apples, cored and cut into 16 wedges each
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the apple cider, dry soup mix, thyme and nutmeg in the crock pot. Stir to blend.
- Add the potatoes, celery, shallots, apples and cranberries.
- Tuck the chicken pieces into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low setting about 8 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.