1/3 Photos of Chicken With Apples
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
WOW! This is not the same old chicken! Only 6 ingredients your family- kids included- will love this and your guests will think you are the MOST amazing chef! winonaradiocom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pan fry chicken in half of the butter just until no longer pink in the middle, turning once to ensure both sides are browned.
- 2Remove chicken from pan and keep in a warm place or cover with foil.
- 3Core and slice apples as desired. I like to use my apple slicer- looks like a wagon wheel with handles- and then slice each lengthwise to make them thinner. To peel or not to peel- hehehehe- up to you. Likewise, red or green- the choice is yours. I like peel on and red for color!
- 4Add the rest of the butter, apples and thyme and fry until apples are as crisp or tender as you like.
- 5Pour apples over chicken and keep warm.
- 6Deglaze the pan with wine, cider or juice scraping all the yummy bits off the bottom.
- 7Add the cream- could use reduced fat sour cream or reduced fat or nonfat yogurt to reduce fat/calories. Yogurt will and a nice ‘tang’ to the sauce.
- 8Cook until slightly thickened.
- 9Return the chicken and apple mixture to the pan to make sure apples and chicken are nice and warm.
- 10When you are satisfied with the temperature of the dish, serve and enjoy!
- 11Experiment with your favorite herbs and seasonings- I have not tried this but I think a pinch of cinnamon might be really yummy here or maybe some nutmeg -- hmm --.
- 12Let me know what you think.
Browse Our Top Canadian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Canadian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Apples
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.6
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 139.7 mg
- Sodium 171.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 28.0 g