WOW! This is not the same old chicken! Only 6 ingredients your family- kids included- will love this and your guests will think you are the MOST amazing chef! winonaradiocom.
- Pan fry chicken in half of the butter just until no longer pink in the middle, turning once to ensure both sides are browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep in a warm place or cover with foil.
- Core and slice apples as desired. I like to use my apple slicer- looks like a wagon wheel with handles- and then slice each lengthwise to make them thinner. To peel or not to peel- hehehehe- up to you. Likewise, red or green- the choice is yours. I like peel on and red for color!
- Add the rest of the butter, apples and thyme and fry until apples are as crisp or tender as you like.
- Pour apples over chicken and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with wine, cider or juice scraping all the yummy bits off the bottom.
- Add the cream- could use reduced fat sour cream or reduced fat or nonfat yogurt to reduce fat/calories. Yogurt will and a nice ‘tang’ to the sauce.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
- Return the chicken and apple mixture to the pan to make sure apples and chicken are nice and warm.
- When you are satisfied with the temperature of the dish, serve and enjoy!
- Experiment with your favorite herbs and seasonings- I have not tried this but I think a pinch of cinnamon might be really yummy here or maybe some nutmeg -- hmm --.
- Let me know what you think.