Recipe by Gumboot Gourmet
This is definately NOT a diet recipe, but if you would like an easy yummy recipe, good enough to serve company, this may work for you. Hope you like it as much as we do. I can't remember where this recipe came from, it is just written out in my recipe book. I serve this with new baby potatoes, lightly steamed and asparagus or baby carrots.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large apple (I use a Fuji Apple)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Pan fry chicken in half of butter, turning once.
- Remove from pan.
- Add the rest of the butter, add the apples and fry till they start to turn lightly brown.
- Remove from pan (may be put with the chicken).
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping all the bits off the bottom.
- Season with thyme.
- Add the cream.
- Cook till slightly thickened.
- Return chicken and apple to the pan to reheat.
- Serve and enjoy!