Recipe by Candiss
I originally found this quick and easy recipe on the side of a box of store-brand rice pilaf mix. I was surprised at how tasty it turned out to be. My family really enjoyed the mix of flavors, and I hope yours will, too.
Top Review by 903272
We used 2 packages of frozen Rice Pilaf, which yielded 4 cups of cooked rice, and 1 Tbsp soy sauce instead of 2 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce. I also cut the chicken into strips, and cored the apple (left the skin on). Nice!
- 1 box pre-packaged rice pilaf mix, any brand
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (I have also used whatever wine I had on hand, and it worked fine.)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh or dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice pilaf mix according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, saute chicken breasts with garlic and olive oil until chicken is done, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts.
- Add wine, honey and Worcestershire sauce to pan with remaining juices.
- Add apple and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Add thyme to rice mixture, blend and place in serving dish or individual plates.
- Place chicken breasts over rice and cover with sauce.