Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The Best of Country Cooking, elegant but simple sauce. We like to serve this over wild rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I omit)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- hot cooked rice
- Cook the chicken in oil over medium heat in a skillet for 4 minutes or until browned.
- Combine the apple juice, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth.
- Stir cream mixture into the cooking liquid in skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add parsley.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
- Serve over rice.