Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From The Best of Country Cooking, elegant but simple sauce. We like to serve this over wild rice.
Make and share this Chicken With Apple Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I omit)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- hot cooked rice
- Cook the chicken in oil over medium heat in a skillet for 4 minutes or until browned.
- Combine the apple juice, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth.
- Stir cream mixture into the cooking liquid in skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add parsley.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
- Serve over rice.