Recipe by Lizzie Rodriquez
Skinless, boneless chicken breasts are dressed up with a creamy sweet savory sauce. Don't be alarmed if the sauce separates after you add the apples and half and half; it will become smooth as it simmers.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, skiness, cut into 4 ounce pieces
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup apple cider
- 3 cups braeburn apples, thinly slices, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt, thyme, and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add cider to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 5 minutes).
- Add sliced apple and half-and-half; simmer over low heat 10 minutes or until sauce thickens and apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce with chicken immediately.