Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend gave me this recipe and my family just loved it. It is not a lot of effort and tastes great!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (2/3 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup chablis
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese with chives
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Blend in wine and cream cheese and stir until smooth.
- Add in italian dressing mix and cream of mushroom soup.
- Blend well, and heat through, but do not boil.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 60 minutes in the preheated oven.
- 20 minutes before the chicken is done, cook pasta and then drain.
- Serve chicken and sauce over the pasta.
great recipe we really enjoyed it...so simple and tasted great.
This recipe has elevated me to SUPERSTAR status...at least in my family's opinion. Use the wine, it ups this recipe to gourmet quality and using angel hair pasta is a deviation from regular spaghetti. Oh, I hope I can keep my status up...yep, I'm making this again next week!
I wasn't sure how it would taste with the Italian dressing mix and mushroom soup but it was really very good. Thanks for a great recipe. :)