Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken and veggies over angel hair pasta. This is a really easy recipe for a weeknight. The kids like this.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth, made from bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- salt, to taste
- lemon pepper, to taste
- romano cheese, for garnish
- Start the water boiling to cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile cook the chicken in 1 Tbsp oil over medium heat until lightly browned, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet to a warm platter.
- In same skillet saute carrot in remaining 1 Tbsp oil for about 4 minutes, then add garlic and broccoli. Cook 2 more minutes, then add chicken broth, basil, lemon juice and chicken to skillet. Simmer 4 minutes.
- Season to taste. To serve place pasta on a platter and put the chicken in the center.
- Sprinkle with romano and serve immediately.