1/1 Photo of Chicken With a Lemon Herb Sauce
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
This recipe (I think) is from Semi-Homemade Cooking, that show with Sandra Lee, the queen of "70% store-bought, 30% homemade, you take all the credit" fame. Her recipes are right up my alley because I can use all the help in the kitchen I can get to make things quick, but I still want them to be delicious and "homemade". As always, I'm leery about the recipes on tv because you never know if they're going to be edible or not. But the lemon herb sauce was great, especially since I served this chicken and sauce with angel hair pasta and I think that even if you chose to only make the sauce and serve over noodles, you'd still get raves. I adjusted some of the prep.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the olive oil and swirl to coat the skillet.
- 4Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper on the smooth side of each breast.
- 5Place in the skillet seasoned side down and cook without disturbing until brown and crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Season the top side of the chicken and flip.
- 7Cook 1 minute over the burner; then transfer the skillet to the oven until chicken registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 6 to 8 minutes more.
- 8Place on a cutting board and let rest.
- 9For the sauce, smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with the salt, and with the side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste.
- 10Transfer to a blender with the parsley, mint, pepper, lemon zest, and juice.
- 11Pulse until coarsely chopped and then slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- 12Pour into the skillet and deglaze the pan with the sauce.
- 13Slice the chicken into small strips or shred and place back in the skillet.
- 14Heat over medium until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With a Lemon Herb Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.5
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 229.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 27.9 g