Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and very delicious. This will be a hit with everyone. I got this from the Real Simple Feb 2003 magazine.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Heat the oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers and the garlic browns.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden, 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Add the salt, pepper, chicken broth, thyme and lemon zest.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 3 minutes longer or until the chicken is fork-tender.
- Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Increase heat to high and boil the sauce until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the goat cheese and pour over the chicken.
Good, but CAUTION - if you do not use low sodium chicken broth, do NOT add the salt. I used regular organic broth and the sauce was WAY too salty. I would advise not adding salt until whipping in the goat cheese. Then decide how much it needs.