Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delightful change to your usual chicken sandwich.
- 3 -4 slices chicken breasts, cooked
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 ounce walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 lettuce, chopped
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Mix the vinegar, mustard and olive oil; toss the lettuce in the dressing.
- Place lettuce on slice of bread of your choice, adding the chicken, Stilton cheese and red onion; sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Drizzle over remaining dressing (optional). Top off with another slice of bread.
- It can also be made as an open sandwich or on cool toast.
This is grand! I made a few changes though this time around. I used a dry sherry in place of the wine vinegar and used french bagettes for the bread. I then placed them under the broiler for a few minutes. Then added the lettuce with the remaining dressing. Outstanding.