Chicken Wings With Tomato Dressing
- preheat oven to 180°C.
- mix tbsp of oil with garlic and cumin in a shallow dish.
- cut off and discard tips of the chicken wings and add to pan, turning to coat.
- cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate in a cool place for 15 minutes.
- heat 3 tablespoons of the remaining oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add the chiken wings in batches and cook, turning frequently, until golden brown. Transfer to a roasting tin. Roast the chickenw ings for 10-15 minutes or until tender and the juices run clear when the point of a sharp knife is inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining olive oil with the tomatoes, vinegar and basil in a bowl.
- Using tongs, transfer the chicken wings to a non-metallic dish. Pour the dressing over them, turning to coat. Cover with clingfilm, leave to cool then chill for 4 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30-60 minutes before serving, to return them to room temperature.