Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These appetizers are easy to make ahead and are great served at room temperature. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1980)
- 24 chicken wings, disjointed with tips discarded
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic and onion salt and pepper.
- Place on broiler rack and broil (4-6 inches from heat) for 3-5 minutes per side or until crisp and brown.
- To make peanut sauce: combine remaining ingredients in a blender and blend.
- Serve chicken with sauce.
I baked my 17 wings at 175C fan forced for 45 minutes as I don't like to grill/broil. Made a full quantity of sauce though had to use an apricot preserve instead of peach as that was what I had and 3 of us polished of 15 of the wings, all the sauce and a side of South Indian Cabbage and Carrot for a very nice meal. Thank you ellie_ made for Rookie tag game.
This is a great recipe to serve to guests on a buffet bar, providing this tasty sauce and a spicy one for variety. I baked the wings at 375 for about 30 minutes, since I'm clueless about broiling. Then I used my blender stick to mix the sauce, adding a pinch of 5 spice powder to jazz up this sweet mixture. This recipe couldn't be easier or more convenient to make.