Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a fun wing recipe that's easy to make. This is best served with rice as there's a lot of sauce. I suggest using a large non-stick pan or wok (I have a non-stick wok that's perfect for this). This is another recipe from my old copy of More Long-Life Chinese Cooking from Madame Wong.
- 10 chicken wings, cut in half, tips removed
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix wings with 1 T. soy sauce. Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 T. oil in wok. Stir-fry wings until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Wipe out wok. Heat 2 T. oil in wok. Stir-fry onion until quite wilted. Add wings. Add sherry, remaining soy sauce and stock. Cover, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil. Add sugar. Thicken with dissolved cornstarch. Baste wings with sauce until glazed.