1/3 Photos of Chicken Wings With Mango-Tamarind Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
This is from Ingrid Hoffman, "Simply Delicioso." Putting here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large mangoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste (not tamarind pulp)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs chicken wings, wing tips removed, rinsed and patted dry (about 24)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- scallion, chopped, for garnish
- 1Place the mangoes, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, tamarind paste, oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- 2Place the chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add just enough sauce to coat the wings (about 1/2 cup, reserve the rest for serving) and toss to coat. Cover the wings with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Lift the chicken wings out of the sauce letting the excess marinade drip back into the bowl. Place the wings on the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes until cooked through. Preheat the broiler and adjust the rack so it's 6 inches from the heating element. Transfer the wings to the broiler and broil for another 3 minutes until the skin is crispy.
- 4While the wings bake, place the reserved sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until syrupy, 5 to 10 minutes. Put the chicken on a platter and garnish with chopped scallions. Serve with the remaining mango-tamarind sauce on the side for dipping.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Wings With Mango-Tamarind Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.6
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 257.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 47.2 g
- Protein 43.4 g