Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is from Ingrid Hoffman, "Simply Delicioso." Putting here for safe keeping.
Make and share this Chicken Wings With Mango-Tamarind Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large mangoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste (not tamarind pulp)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs chicken wings, wing tips removed, rinsed and patted dry (about 24)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- scallion, chopped, for garnish
- Place the mangoes, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, tamarind paste, oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add just enough sauce to coat the wings (about 1/2 cup, reserve the rest for serving) and toss to coat. Cover the wings with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Lift the chicken wings out of the sauce letting the excess marinade drip back into the bowl. Place the wings on the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes until cooked through. Preheat the broiler and adjust the rack so it's 6 inches from the heating element. Transfer the wings to the broiler and broil for another 3 minutes until the skin is crispy.
- While the wings bake, place the reserved sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until syrupy, 5 to 10 minutes. Put the chicken on a platter and garnish with chopped scallions. Serve with the remaining mango-tamarind sauce on the side for dipping.
Great concept mightyro! I got some tamarind paste I was itching to try and this fit the bill! I used two chicken breasts and added a bit of scotch bonnet pepper for some added spice. Very excellent, thank you!
These are outstanding!! You can really taste the mango and with the tamarind just gives a wonderful sweet-tart flavor! Plus the worcestershire and broiling the skin just gives a great depth of flavor! The heat is just right on these too! I loved the extra dipping sauce because you can't get enough of the flavor with these! This is a really great recipe for wings, thanks for another good one Mightyro!!