Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This one is a bit spicy. The wings are baked, and not fried and then tossed in sauce, making them a bit lighter than some wings. I love this while watching a good ball game. Serving size is for 8 appetizer sized servings....if using for a main dish, use your judgement!
- 340.19 g bottle chili sauce (I like sriricha, but it is very hot!)
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 1 medium onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 5 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml salt
- 32 chicken wings (about 5 1/2 lbs)
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in the container of an electric blender and process for 30 seconds or until the mixture is well blended. Set the sauce mixture aside.
- Remove and discard the chicken wing tips. (You can use them for stock if you want to). Cut the wings in half at the joint; place in a greased roasting pan.
- Pour half the sauce over the wings. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn the wings, and top with the remaining half of the sauce. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until done. Serve warm.
I cut the recipe way down for the two of us...I used the sriricha sauce and omitted the use of the blender so I finely minced the onion and jalapeno pepper...the sauce turned to a water consistency during cooking...so I did what alligirl suggested and threw the wings under the broiler to crisp them up...hubby still thought they were to soft...he likes his wings extra crispy...we enjoyed the spicy heat...thanks for posting the recipe...=)
Enjoyed for Super Bowl, these were great and SPICY! I followed the directions, reducing for 1 1/2 lbs. of wings (which was 8, for me.) The sauce was really tasty, and they were done in an hour. The only thing I may do differently is to put them under the broiler for a couple of minutes. Kinda crisp them up a little; they didn't need it, but we like ours 'crispy done.' Thanks for sharing a great recipe, breezermom!